We are proud to be selected again this year as one of America's Best Dentists!
To Our Family of Patients,
Please be aware of our COVID-19 precautions in place to keep you safe and help stop the spread of the coronavirus. While many things have changed, our vision has not. Our commitment to your safety remains and is more focused than ever.
To make sure we can keep everyone as safe as possible, we have done extensive research and have closely followed all recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Our office has always been vigilant and strict about our robust infection control procedures. However, given the nature of COVID-19, we have implemented additional protocols to better protect both you and ourselves. Please take the time to read over our changes before your next appointment to our office!
Screening: All patients will be asked a few screening questions on the phone and again when they arrive for their appointment. We will also take your temperature upon arrival with a contact-free forehead thermometer. If you feel sick with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, muscle pain, etc.), please call to cancel/re-schedule your appointment. We are waiving our last-minute cancellation fee policy for this reason.
- Hand Sanitization: Please feel free to utilize the alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations located throughout the office, or the antibacterial hand soap located in the restrooms (20 seconds recommended). Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unclean hands.
- Mask/Face Coverings: As a universal precaution, all NJ residents are required to wear face coverings or masks. We kindly ask that you wear a mask anytime during your visit when treatment is not taking place--call us if you don't have one and we will provide one.
- Pre-procedural Mouthrinse: Prior to your procedure, we will have you gently rinse with two 30 second rinses with 1.0% hydrogen peroxide. This has shown to be effective at killing bacteria and viruses for a short time, so even if a patient does happen to be a silent carrier of the virus, this is intended to decreases the virus load in their mouth and the environment. Mmm, minty fresh!
ENHANCED DISINFECTION PROTOCOLS:
- ULV Disinfectant Sprayer/Fogger: On top of our already robust disinfection protocols, we have added new technology that allows us to use a fogger to routinely sanitize all surfaces with a hypochlorous acid disinfectant. What exactly is hypochlorous acid? It’s simply the chemical name for an effective disinfectant that is currently in use in many industries, including the food industry, grocery stores for produce sanitation, hospitals & health care facilities, and the water treatment industry. It is currently on the EPA list as effective against human coronavirus and is considered safe in and on food, dairy, and potable water. More information is below.
- Patient Areas: We have removed all shared reading materials from our reception area for the time being. The number of patients in the office will be limited, with extended time between appointments to support social distancing and leave extra time for air filtration and robust disinfection.
- Appointment Rooms: We will continue our premium medical-grade sterilization and disinfection techniques with all equipment, instruments, and contact surfaces. We will continue to utilize disposable sleeves and barriers for each patient. The air in every treatment room is sterilized in between patients every time. On top of that, we have an air purifier in each treatment room that sterilizes the air every four minutes. This is above and beyond the CDC, ADA and OSHA protocols.
- Our Team: All team members will be screened at the beginning of each day for symptoms and forehead temperatures will be taken and recorded. All team members will be asked to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): You may notice our team wearing additional personal protective equipment to keep both them and you safe. Full body scrubs, gowns, face shields, N95 masks, and hair covers depending upon the procedure. All our team members have also been trained on best work practices in minimizing transmission of bacteria/viruses.
HOCL Makes Quick Work of COVID-19
HOCL is the scientific formula for hypochlorous acid, a weak acid similar to that of a mild citrus juice and is made naturally by white blood cells in all mammals for healing and protection but also used as a sanitizer in a mist to clean the air in all our treatment rooms.
HOCL is recommended by OSHA and the CDC to kill COVID-19. The single most important feature of hypochlorous acid is that it is unusually efficient in eliminating viruses--99.999%! Research at a FDA‐approved lab proved that electrolytically generated hypochlorous acid can kill the virus in less than one minute at 50 ppm--we use 200 ppm after each patient is seen.
With modern technology, HOCL can be generated in unlimited quantities using only electricity, table salt and water, and we have one of these industrial generators.
HOCl is intrinsically safe, as it is non‐irritant and the human body produces the same molecule for self‐defense. In fact, it is so safe to inhale that it is being evaluated as a treatment for throat and lung infections.
At Woodland Park Dental, we believe that the COVID‐19 health challenge calls for expanded sanitizing protocols. Electrolyzed water ‐ also known as hypochlorous acid (HOCl) ‐ is a highly effective and intrinsically safe sanitizing agent, and we can make it in unlimited quantities. We use 200 ppm concentration according to the manufacturer instructions. Following each patient, we utilize the fogger to sanitize each room. This is above and beyond the CDC and OSHA recommendations to keep you safe.
Everyone, please remember to keep washing your hands, wearing your masks, and to social distance, so that we can all remain safe and healthy!
Now announcing!! Watch your favorite movie or show while you get your teeth cleaned! Watch Inventing Anna when you get your teeth fixed! Maybe some Queen's Gambit when you have your teeth whitened? How about catching up on the Real Housewives at your cleaning? Ask us next time you are in the office:)
We are proud to offer the latest in technology to make a better experience for our patients. Introducing the 3shape Trios digital scanner. This is a scanner that we use instead of traditional impression material. Think of it--no mess, no goop, no gagging!! And also on the plus side--more accurate, less chair time, fewer remakes, shorter time with a temporary. All great things that we are really excited to offer to our patients.
We have such great patients!! See more reviews here.
All that is good begins with a SMILE.
When you visit our office, your smile is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve in a brand new, state of the art office.
Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their oral health needs. Visit us on Facebook or simply google our office and read our reviews--we are confident you will see that we are a different type of dental office--one in which you will be treated with care and respect and maybe even enjoy coming to the dentist! We participate with most major dental insurance plans including Delta Dental, MetLife, Cigna, Guardian, Horizon and Aetna.
Contact us today!
Woodland Park Dental Associates
Jeffrey Ruggiero, DMD
205 Browertown Road, Suite 004
Woodland Park, NJ 07424
firstname.lastname@example.org Like us on Facebook!
Woodland Park, NJ Dentist, Dr. Jeffrey Ruggiero is committed to providing quality gentle dental care in a warm friendly environment to children as well as adults. He and his staff service the communities of Woodland Park, Totowa, Little Falls, Clifton, Wayne, Cedar Grove, Verona, Montclair, Haldeon, North Haledon, Franklin Lakes, Oakland, Wyckoff, and vicinity. They provide all phases of dentistry including cleaning, prophy, non surgical gum treatments, extractions, emergency treatment, dental implants, root canal, white fillings, porcelain veneers, bonding, and more. Visit us on Facebook to learn more. Or check out our Demandforce reviews. We participate with most major insurances including Delta Dental, Met Life, MetLife, Guardian, Assurant, Aetna, Cigna, Horizon. We also participate with Care Credit, a healthcare finance company which helps spread out payments up to 18 months interest free. Call us with any questions about this program, insurance, treatment or anything else dental related.